Jeffries Point Neighborhood Association
Meeting Agenda for MONDAY March 13,2017
7pm at the Jeffries Point Yacht Club
565 Sumner street.
Police updates – Sgt, James Martin & Officer Danny Simons
Harbor Keepers – Magdalena Ayed – Information on new local non-profit organization
256 Everett Street – New construction on parking lot – 4 unit condo building – VOTING
287 Marginal Street – Demolition of an existing structure and construction of 7 residential units. VOTING
3 Lamson Court – Demolition of existing structures; 5 unit new construction townhouse units – VOTING
Below are updates from the end of February / early March. Please email us at email@example.com with any additional information or corrections.
- February Meeting Minutes: Now available on jeffriespoint.org under the Meetings tab.
- March Meeting Dates:
- Monthly Meeting: Monday March 13th @7PM. Agenda forthcoming; tentatively includes vote on 298 Marginal Street proposal
- P&Z Meeting: Moving to Wednesday 3/22 (tentative). On 3/15 please instead attend the East Boston Main Streets monthly meeting where the 9 Chelsea Street (former Rapino’s Funeral Home) development is being discussed at Maverick Landing Community Room, 6PM.
- Neighborhood Slow Streets Application:
- The JPNA will be submitting this by March 24th for the area between Bremen Streets and Jeffries Streets bounded by Maverick and Marginal Streets.
- Please contact David Aiken at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to offer support for this initiative.
- The application and information is here.
- AirBNB / Short Term Rentals– The JPNA would like to help understand the extent of short term rentals impacting the neighborhood. To that end, we are creating an inventory of short term rentals. If you know of any, please email us at email@example.com
- Adapt East Boston: Harvard Graduate Students initiative with NOAH
- Please take this survey for graduate students working with NOAH on an East Boston planning effort English (http://bit.ly/AdaptEastBostonSurveyEng) and Spanish (http://bit.ly/AdaptEastBostonSurveySpa).
Facebook: Adapt East Boston @AdaptEastBoston
- East Boston Shines on April 28th-29th. More information TBA.
Monthly Meeting (Mon 2/13) and Planning and Zoning (Wed 2/15) Agendas:
Note: Please see the Meetings tab for updated minutes and the Resources page for the JPNA – State of the JPNA and the NOAH tree canopy presentations from the January 2017 meeting.
Monday 2/13 @ 7PM:
- JPNA Monthly Updates
- District 7 Police – Sgt Martin, Officer Simmons – Monthly Update
- JPNA presentation on BTD’s Neighborhood Slow Streets Program
- JPNA will be submitting an application for this program as a follow up to the November meeting with BTD regarding Sumner Street.
- Loftel Hotel (Orleans and Porter Streets) – New owners providing update on project status
Wednesday 2/15 @ 7PM:
- 296-298 Marginal St. Presented by Diane Modica, demolition of an existing structure and construction of 7 residential units. Second P and Z meeting
- 287 Maverick St. Presented by Richard Lynds. Demolition of an existing industrial garage and construction of a mixed use residential and commercial building with parking, this is the first meeting for this project.
Jeffries Point Neighborhood Association P&Z Agenda
Wednesday January 18, 2017 7pm
Jeffries Point Yacht Club
565 Sumner street
296-298 Marginal street – New development , multi unit . Att: Diane Modica
254-256 Everett street – New development , multi unit . Atty Richard Lynds