As we say goodbye to 2016 and enter 2017, a few administrative updates:
- All meeting minutes are posted under the respective Monthly Meeting or Planning and Zoning pages on this site.
- All of the meeting dates through June 2017 are also listed on these respective pages.
- We welcomed Mary Cole and Andrew Gelling to the Board in November after a vote at the November meeting, replacing Meg Hammond and Marc Savatsky.
- We will start again in 2017 on TUESDAY January 10th, due to a conflict with a meeting at the Yacht Club on Monday.
Happy New Year from the JPNA Board!
Tuesday 11/29: Sumner Street / Boston Transportation Department Meeting @ EBNHC 250 Sumner Street, Starting @ 6:30PM.
BTD will be setting up so you can drop by for as long as you’d like. BTD wants to collect information about what residents feel is or is not working well on Sumner Street today. They will have a big map with sticky notes for people to write comments and hand-outs with some ideas, both short- and long-term.
Please come by EBNHC at 250 Sumner Street starting at 6:30 to participate, ask questions and offer your input on Sumner Street so BTD can take that input and review possible improvements to the street.
JPNA Election: JPNA held an election in November of the Voting Members and Mary Cole and Andrew Gelling were elected to fill the seats of Vice-Chair and Treasurer. Please welcome them!
December 12th Potluck: Please plan to attend our holiday potluck on Monday December 12th at the Yacht Club at 7PM. This will be held instead of our typical monthly meeting. This is for the whole family to attend!
December 14th Planning and Zoning: A meeting is planned for Wednesday 12/14 @ 7PM. This is a week earlier than usual given the holiday season. An agenda will be posted a week in advanced, or cancelled if there are no projects.
(Please join our email list at the link above or: Email List)
Police – Updates by Sgt James Martin & Officer Danny Simmons
Climate Care – Noah
Love Your Block – Sarah Iacomini
Love Your Block mini-grants in East Boston. They are awarded in amounts up to $2000 and the deadline for applications is coming up on November 22nd, 2016.
Board Election – 2 votes for 2 open seats
Project Votes -214 Marginal construction of new residential
JPNA Election – Announced at the September 13th meeting – We will be having an election in November to fill the seats recently vacated by Marc Savatsky (Treasurer) and Meg Hammond (Vice Chair). Nominations were taken at the October 11th meeting and nominations are open until the November monthly meeting, at which time a vote will be held. Please submit nominations to email@example.com. A nominated member must be an eligible Voting Member, which means having attended at least two of the last four monthly meetings (Planning & Zoning do not count). We will confirm nominees are eligible prior to the vote in November.
Jeffries Point Neighborhood Association
Planning & Zoning Meeting Wednesday Oct 19, 2016 @7pm
Jeffries Point Yacht Club
565 Sumner Street
3 Lamson Ct & 18-20 Lamson Street, Proponent: George Morancy – Demolish existing house, construction several new residential units
JEFFRIES POINT NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION
Agenda for TUESDAY Oct. 11th 7pm
Jeffries Point Yacht Club
565 Sumner street
1. Police updates – Sgt. James Martin , Officer Dan Simons
2. Senator Joe Boncore, State Rep. Adrian Madaro, Councilor Sal LaMattina – Discussing legislative goals and priorities for the next year / answering your questions
3. John Keith – Suffolk Registrar Of Deed Candidate
4. 7-11 Haynes Street – 3 single family townhouse & renovation of a single family – VOTE (3 prior P&Z meetings)
5. 9 Jeffries Street – Demolish existing structure to construct 3 unit condominium building – VOTE
6. Boston Teachers Union – Re: Question 2 on the ballot regarding charter schools
Our local elected officials will be joining us at our October 11th Monthly Meeting – Please submit questions in advance so they can come prepared with updates that you want! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Email by Wed 10/5
JPNA Election – Announced at the September 13th meeting – We will be having an election in November. Nominations will be taken at the October 11th meeting and voting will be held at the November monthly meeting.
Love Your Block Grant Application – Know of a great small project that JPNA can assist with? Applications due November 14th. Please email us or post ideas on our Facebook page.
Jeffries Point Neighborhood Association P&Z Agenda
Sept. 21, 2016 7pm @ Jeffries Point Yacht Club
565 Sumner Street
3-11 Haynes Street – Att Richard Lynds – 3rd P&Z meeting – construction of 3 new single family townhouses and renovation of one existing single family
9 Jeffries Street – Marc Savatsky – 1st P&Z meeting – demolition of an existing building and construction of a three family
214 Marginal Street – Att Richard Lynds – 2nd P&Z meeting – construction of new residential
3 Lamson Court & 18-20 Lamson st – George Morancy – 1st meeting – demolition of existing structure and construction of new residential